Aloha and mahalo for your interest in the Turtle Bay Foundation Scholarship program.
PURPOSE – The Turtle Bay Foundation provides support for deserving youth and organizations for the sustainable future of our North Shore and Ko‘olauloa communities.
SCHOLARSHIPS – The Turtle Bay Foundation Scholarship is designed to award one-year educational scholarships. The amount and number of the scholarships will be determined by the availability of funds. Determination of award winners will be made by the Turtle Bay Foundation Scholarship Committee in its sole discretion. Scholarship funds will be released once confirmation of registration into an educational program has been received by the foundation.
SELECTION OF RECIPIENTS – Scholarship recipients will be selected on the following competitive basis by using a combination of criteria, depending on class level:
- Academic Performance: includes high school/college grades.
- 3.5 or better on a 4.0 grading scale GPA. Consideration will be given to applicants who are high school seniors however current college students are encouraged to apply.
- Academic Review & Video Submission; 3 to 4 minutes in length
- Extracurricular activities will help the Committee further evaluate the candidate's interests and abilities.
- Community Involvement: Contributions to the community may be demonstrated by involvement in local clubs, organizations, and associations. Extracurricular activities should be documented by type and years of service.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS – Successful applicants will be e-mailed an official notice of success and any terms associated with their scholarship within fourteen days of the Foundation’s decision. As a condition of entry into the competition, applicants agree to allow the Foundation to publish their names as scholarship winners and have their application video used publicly.
- Complete and submit the online application form below by 11:59 PM on February 28, 2022.
- Upload a copy of your most recent high school or college transcript (official or unofficial transcripts). Please label your document with the following naming convention LastName_FirstName_Transcript. Here's an example: Muraco_Kiele_Transcript.pdf.
- Submit the 3 to 4 minute video entry portion of the application via the DropBox link below. Please label your video with the following naming convention LastName_FirstName_Video. Here's an example: Muraco_Kiele_Video.mp4.
- Applicants MUST be a Hawai‘i resident and reside between Mokuleia and Kualoa or have a parent that has been employed at Turtle Bay Resort or Turtle Bay Golf for the last 5 years.
- If you have any questions, please contact Kiele Muraco at email@example.com.
Applicants who do not accurately complete the application, submit the proper documents and submit the application on time will not be considered.
Your video submission must be original and created for the sole purpose of the scholarship application. Any inappropriate or non-related content will not be considered. Students applying must submit a 3 to 4 minute video in response to the three prompts below. Your response to each part must be at least one minute long. You must submit your video as a part of this application via the DropBox link by 11:59 PM on February 28, 2022. Please label your video with the following naming convention LastName_FirstName_Video. Here’s an example: Muraco_Kiele_Video.mp4. If you have not already, don’t forget to return to this page and submit the application form above.
Part A – Tell us about yourself!
Part B – Please answer the following question – At Turtle Bay Resort, we focus on six specific values:
- Laulima – cooperation, many hands working together
- Kamaʻāina – native born, can also mean host
- Pono – righteousness, goodness, morality
- Mālama – to care for, to take care of
- Hānai – to raise, nourish or sustain
- Aloha – love, compassion
Which one of those six do you think will help you the most during your college journey and why?
Part C – We want to know something fun about you. Pick one question below and tell us more!
- If your newest video just went viral, what would it be about?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received, and who gave it to you?
- Have you thought about your future plans, and what are some of the things you are most excited about?
- Describe one of your quirks and why it is part of who you are.
- If you could invite any three people for dinner, who would they be and why?